Common Holly - Ilex Aquifolium 20cm tall
Common Holly is a slow growing, medium sized evergreen with dark, glossy, spiky leaves and red berries in the autumn. A medium sized evergreen tree, with a dense crown, upright when young and rounded cone shaped when older. The dark green glossy leaves have a wavy margin with sharp spines. Holly is particularly tolerant of partial or full shade.
Please select the size and quantity of your Holly plant below.
These plants are available from early November to late March We can take Pre-orders before this time and dispatch the plants as soon as they are available.
- 20-30cm tall
Availability: In Stock
Ilex Aquifolium - Common Holly
- Size: 9cm pot
- Botanical name/s: Ilex Aquifolium
- Common name/s: Common Holly
- Flower / Foliage: A medium sized tree with a dense crown, upright when young and rounded cone shaped when older. The dark green glossy leaves have a wavy margin with sharp spines. Produces small white flowers in spring and female plants will produce red berries if a male is close by.
- Plant type: Evergreen
- Flowering period: Spring time
- Mature height: 8-10m
- Mature spread: 4-8m
- Growth Rate: Slow growing when young
- Recommended usage: Common Holly makes a striking defensive hedge. Excellent for ornamental purposes such as making Christmas wreaths. Very tough tree resistant to wind. Can be trimmed and cut into hedges & screening.
- Nursery grown: Yes
After Care / Plant Maintenance
- Once planted, Holly will need watering throughout the first growing season, but make sure not to over / under water.
- Check tree tie / stake isn't rubbing and / or too tight or too loose on the trunk.
- Check for and remove any dead, decaying, diseased or crossing branch.
- Remove any weeds from around the base of the Holly plant (including grass).
- Position/Aspect: Prefers a full sun/partial shade and sheltered spot.
- Soil: When planting this shrub be sure that the soil is moist but well-draining, it will tolerate most soil types.
- Hardiness: Hardy in most places throughout the UK.
- Plant maintenance: Light pruning required.
How do I order from King & Co?
Your order may be placed via our Online Shop, which is fast simple and secure.
After your Online Shop order has been placed we will send an order confirmation email to the email address provided. This will provide you with details of your order, including the order number, which you should check and retain for your records. If there is an error in your order requirement, please contact us as soon as possible quoting your order number, so that we can rectify prior to dispatch.
We will take your credit or debit card payment over the phone. Simply call us on 01376 340469 and one of our experienced team are always available to discuss your order 7 days a week.
From our Nursery
Collect your trees or shrubs from our Nursery in Rayne.
We accept all major credit cards including: Maestro, MasterCard, Visa Credit, Visa Electron and Visa Debit.
How can I expect delivery from King & Co?
Overnight to your door
We can delivery to you anywhere in England and Wales via an overnight courier service (two days for Scotland & Ireland).
Via Online Shop
Orders placed via our Online shop if placed by 12 noon Monday –Thursday can be delivered to you the very next day. If placed on a Friday - Sunday delivery would be on Tuesday.
We deliver by national overnight courier service.
Should you require a specific delivery date, let us know in advance and we will arrange for your delivery to arrive on your required date.
Every tree and plant is packed to ensure your order arrives safely.
For large trees or quantities of trees and plants
Please phone us to discuss, we are usually able to deliver to you via a dedicated vehicle.
For local deliveries
We will deliver to you in our local area and we will be pleased to arrange this with you whilst you are visiting our Nursery or via the phone. We also provide a planting service.
We have our own installation teams to carry out planting in Southern & Eastern England. Please call us to discuss, we are always happy to provide you a quotation.