Ulmus lutece - Disease resistant Elm Tree 18/20cm girth
Ulmus lutece has been cultivated for its resistance to Dutch Elm disease, and has certainly proven to be. This tree can be planted with confidence where longevity is required. Ulmus lutece is a large tree with an oval crown when young becoming round with age, the branches are somewhat irregular making a dense tree not unlike an Oak. This Elm has light to mid green leaves which are oval and have serrated edges and with its fast growth rate will soon provide something substantial to look at. Ulmus Lutece fits nicely into our plan to return the elm tree to the landscapes of the UK.
This is a great tree for larger gardens, parks and woodlands with great presence when mature.
If the tree size you require is not listed please call for
current availability and delivery options as we are always updating the
stock we have for sale at our tree nursery in Essex.
- 18/20cm girth
Availability: Out Of Stock
Ulmus lutece - Disease resistant Elm Tree
- Size: 18/20cms girth standard.
Girth in CM equates roughly to height in feet. For example: 10/12cm girth = 10/12ft in height.
- Botanical name/s: Ulmus lutece
- Common name/s: Disease resistant Elm
- Flower / Foliage: Dense long-lasting green leaves which are pink at first, turning red and gold in autumn.
- Plant type: Deciduous
- Flowering period: N/A
- Mature height: 20 metres
- Mature spread: 10 metres
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Recommended usage:
- Ideal in any larger size garden, park or woodland as a specimen or in a mixed planting scheme where a native tree substitute is required.
- Nursery grown: Yes
After Care / Plant Maintenance
- Once planted Ulmus lutece will need watering throughout the first growing season, but make sure not to over / under water.
- Check tree tie / stake isn't rubbing and / or too tight or too loose on the trunk.
- Check for and remove any dead, decaying, diseased or crossing branch.
- Remove any weeds from around the base of the Elm tree (including grass).
- Position/Aspect: Ulmus lutece can be grown in all aspects
- Soil: Any: sand, clay, loam e.t.c.
- Hardiness: Hardy in all areas of UK, even in severe winters.
- Plant maintenance: Low maintenance
How do I order from King & Co?
Your order may be placed via our Online Shop, which is fast simple and secure.
After your Online Shop order has been placed we will send an order confirmation email to the email address provided. This will provide you with details of your order, including the order number, which you should check and retain for your records. If there is an error in your order requirement, please contact us as soon as possible quoting your order number, so that we can rectify prior to dispatch.
We will take your credit or debit card payment over the phone. Simply call us on 01376 340469 and one of our experienced team are always available to discuss your order 7 days a week.
From our Nursery
Collect your trees or shrubs from our Nursery in Rayne.
We accept all major credit cards including: Maestro, MasterCard, Visa Credit, Visa Electron and Visa Debit.
How can I expect delivery from King & Co?
Overnight to your door
We can delivery to you anywhere in England and Wales via an overnight courier service (two days for Scotland & Ireland).
Via Online Shop
Orders placed via our Online shop if placed by 12 noon Monday –Thursday can be delivered to you the very next day. If placed on a Friday - Sunday delivery would be on Tuesday.
We deliver by national overnight courier service.
Should you require a specific delivery date, let us know in advance and we will arrange for your delivery to arrive on your required date.
Every tree and plant is packed to ensure your order arrives safely.
For large trees or quantities of trees and plants
Please phone us to discuss, we are usually able to deliver to you via a dedicated vehicle.
For local deliveries
We will deliver to you in our local area and we will be pleased to arrange this with you whilst you are visiting our Nursery or via the phone. We also provide a planting service.
We have our own installation teams to carry out planting in Southern & Eastern England. Please call us to discuss, we are always happy to provide you a quotation.