Malus domestica - Cox's Orange Pippin tree 8/10cm girth
A popular apple with crisp flesh and a great taste, one of the best eating apples. Flesh is orange/red texture, it’s juicy and crisp, with lots of flavour. Used as an eating apple and also for juicing and cider. Plant in full sun in fertile well drained soil. Apples store for three weeks in a cool dry place. A slow growing, upright tree. Pollination is almost guaranteed in suburban situations where other apple trees are in close proximity.Self fertile.
Grown on MM106 rootstock to produce a strong tree growing to approx 5-6m tall, ideal for most sites and soil conditions.
Please select the size and quantity of your Apple tree below.
If the tree size you require is not listed please call for current availability and delivery options as we are always updating the stock we have for sale at our tree nursery in Essex.
- 8/10cm girth
Malus domestica - Cox's Orange Pippin tree
- Size: 8/10cm girth
Girth in CM equates roughly to height in feet. For example: 10/12cm girth = 10/12ft in height.
- Botanical name/s: Malus domestica
- Common name/s: Cox's Orange Pippin
- Flower / Foliage: Green throughout the spring and summer, turning to a vibrant orange/red in the autumn.
- Plant type: Deciduous
- Flowering period: Spring, requires two other cultivars for pollination.
- Mature height: 5-6m, Grown on MM106 rootstock.
- Mature spread: Up to 4-5 metres
- Growth Rate: Medium
- Recommended usage: Regarded by most people as the best of all the eating apples, this tree gives an aromatic, juicy, crisp, superb flavoured fruit of golden with flushes of orange/red colour.
- Nursery grown: Yes
After Care / Plant Maintenance
- Once planted the Cox's apple tree will need watering throughout the first growing season, but make sure not to over / under water.
- Check tree tie / stake isn't rubbing and / or too tight or too loose on the trunk.
- Check for and remove any dead, decaying, diseased or crossing branch.
- Remove any weeds from around the base of the Malus domestica (including grass).
- Position/Aspect: In full sun, although it will tolerate partial shade.
- Soil: Fertile, moist and well-drained soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy in all areas of UK.
- Plant maintenance: Low maintenance. Regular pruning required.
How do I order from King & Co?
Your order may be placed via our Online Shop, which is fast simple and secure.
After your Online Shop order has been placed we will send an order confirmation email to the email address provided. This will provide you with details of your order, including the order number, which you should check and retain for your records. If there is an error in your order requirement, please contact us as soon as possible quoting your order number, so that we can rectify prior to dispatch.
We will take your credit or debit card payment over the phone. Simply call us on 01376 340469 and one of our experienced team are always available to discuss your order 7 days a week.
From our Nursery
Collect your trees or shrubs from our Nursery in Rayne.
We accept all major credit cards including: Maestro, MasterCard, Visa Credit, Visa Electron and Visa Debit.
How can I expect delivery from King & Co?
Overnight to your door
We can delivery to you anywhere in England and Wales via an overnight courier service (two days for Scotland & Ireland).
Via Online Shop
Orders placed via our Online shop if placed by 12 noon Monday –Thursday can be delivered to you the very next day. If placed on a Friday - Sunday delivery would be on Tuesday.
We deliver by national overnight courier service.
Should you require a specific delivery date, let us know in advance and we will arrange for your delivery to arrive on your required date.
Every tree and plant is packed to ensure your order arrives safely.
For large trees or quantities of trees and plants
Please phone us to discuss, we are usually able to deliver to you via a dedicated vehicle.
For local deliveries
We will deliver to you in our local area and we will be pleased to arrange this with you whilst you are visiting our Nursery or via the phone. We also provide a planting service.
We have our own installation teams to carry out planting in Southern & Eastern England. Please call us to discuss, we are always happy to provide you a quotation.