Taxus baccata - Yew tree 1.5m tall
Taxus baccata or Yew is an evergreen ideal for hedging. Yew is a very tough and long lived tree which can be used for hedging or grown as a specimen tree on its own. The short, dark green needles form a dense coverage and respond well to being clipped become even thicker. Small red fruits appear in autumn which are loved by birds but are poisonous to us if ingested.
Very commonly clipped into topiary shapes and often used as shaped, abstract or cloud pruned hedges.
Grows in all soils but must have good drainage so the ground does not become waterlogged.
Growing to 10m tall as a specimen over a good number of years Taxus baccata is ideal for large gardens and parks but as it is also great for clipping and is commonly used as a hedge or screening plant.
Please select the quantity of your Yew trees below.
If the tree size you require is not listed please call for current availability and delivery options as we are always updating the stock we have for sale at our tree nursery in Essex.
- 1.5m tall
Availability: Local Delivery / Collection
Taxus baccata - Yew tree
- Size: 1.5m tall
- Botanical name/s: Taxus baccata
- Common name/s: - Yew tree
- Flower / Foliage: Very small cone like flowers in spring are followed by bright red, fleshy berries. The leaves are dark green needles
- Plant type: Evergreen
- Flowering period: spring
- Mature height: 10-15 metres sometimes more
- Mature spread: Up to 6 metres
- Growth Rate: moderate when young, slowing with age.
- Recommended usage: Great for hedges and can be grown as a stunning specimen tree and used as a screen or wind break.
- Nursery grown: Yes
After Care / Plant Maintenance
- Once planted Taxus baccata will need watering throughout the first growing season, but make sure not to over / under water.
- Check tree tie / stake isn't rubbing and / or too tight or too loose on the trunk.
- Check for and remove any dead, decaying, diseased or crossing branch.
- Remove any weeds from around the base of the Yew (including grass).
- Position/Aspect: any aspect
- Soil: Does well in all soils as long as they are well drained.
- Hardiness: Taxus baccata is native and fully hardy in the UK
- Plant maintenance: Low maintenance
How do I order from King & Co?
Your order may be placed via our Online Shop, which is fast simple and secure.
After your Online Shop order has been placed we will send an order confirmation email to the email address provided. This will provide you with details of your order, including the order number, which you should check and retain for your records. If there is an error in your order requirement, please contact us as soon as possible quoting your order number, so that we can rectify prior to dispatch.
We will take your credit or debit card payment over the phone. Simply call us on 01376 340469 and one of our experienced team are always available to discuss your order 7 days a week.
From our Nursery
Collect your trees or shrubs from our Nursery in Rayne.
We accept all major credit cards including: Maestro, MasterCard, Visa Credit, Visa Electron and Visa Debit.
How can I expect delivery from King & Co?
Overnight to your door
We can delivery to you anywhere in England and Wales via an overnight courier service (two days for Scotland & Ireland).
Via Online Shop
Orders placed via our Online shop if placed by 12 noon Monday –Thursday can be delivered to you the very next day. If placed on a Friday - Sunday delivery would be on Tuesday.
We deliver by national overnight courier service.
Should you require a specific delivery date, let us know in advance and we will arrange for your delivery to arrive on your required date.
Every tree and plant is packed to ensure your order arrives safely.
For large trees or quantities of trees and plants
Please phone us to discuss, we are usually able to deliver to you via a dedicated vehicle.
For local deliveries
We will deliver to you in our local area and we will be pleased to arrange this with you whilst you are visiting our Nursery or via the phone. We also provide a planting service.
We have our own installation teams to carry out planting in Southern & Eastern England. Please call us to discuss, we are always happy to provide you a quotation.