Prunus taihaku - Great White Cherry tree 12/14cm girth
Prunus taihaku is one of the best of the white flowering varieties. It bears large, 6cm diameter, single white flowers in small bunches on mass in spring which contrast beautifully with its young, copper coloured foliage. The leaves are dark green through summer and turn yellow/orange in autumn. The Great White Cherry makes a magnificent specimen with a small/medium height and rounded to spreading habit.
This tree will grow to around 8m tall. Taihaku is the winner of many awards including the First Class Certificate in 1944 and the Award of Garden Merit in 2002
Prunus Taihaku is a great tree for larger gardens and parks with great seasonal interest.
Grows in all well drained, moist soils in full sun or partial shade, avoid waterlogged areas.
Please select the size and quantity of your Great White Cherry tree below.
If the tree size you require is not listed please call for current availability and delivery options as we are always updating the stock we have for sale at our tree nursery in Essex.
- 12/14cm girth
Prunus Taihaku - Great White Cherry tree
- Size: 12/14cm girth. Girth in CM equates roughly to height in feet. For example: 10/12cm girth = 10/12ft in height.
- Botanical name/s: Prunus taihaku
- Common name/s: Great White Cherry
- Flower / Foliage: Large single white flowers in spring appear along with the coppery coloured young leaves for a great display. The 20cm long leaves age to dark green and turn yellow/orange in autumn.
- Plant type: Deciduous
- Flowering period: November to March
- Mature height: 8-10m
- Mature spread: Up to 8m
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Recommended usage: Ideal in any larger size garden or, park as a specimen to create great spring interest and cover all through the growing season.
- Nursery grown: Yes
After Care / Plant Maintenance
- Once planted, Prunus taihaku will need watering throughout the first growing season, but make sure not to over / under water.
- Check tree tie / stake isn't rubbing and / or too tight or too loose on the trunk.
- Check for and remove any dead, decaying, diseased or crossing branch.
- Remove any weeds from around the base of the Great White Cherry tree (including grass).
- Position/Aspect: North, south, east or west facing
- Soil: All moist well drained soils
- Hardiness: Prunus Taihaku is hardy in the UK
- Plant maintenance: Low maintenance
How do I order from King & Co?
Your order may be placed via our Online Shop, which is fast simple and secure.
After your Online Shop order has been placed we will send an order confirmation email to the email address provided. This will provide you with details of your order, including the order number, which you should check and retain for your records. If there is an error in your order requirement, please contact us as soon as possible quoting your order number, so that we can rectify prior to dispatch.
We will take your credit or debit card payment over the phone. Simply call us on 01376 340469 and one of our experienced team are always available to discuss your order 7 days a week.
From our Nursery
Collect your trees or shrubs from our Nursery in Rayne.
We accept all major credit cards including: Maestro, MasterCard, Visa Credit, Visa Electron and Visa Debit.
How can I expect delivery from King & Co?
Overnight to your door
We can delivery to you anywhere in England and Wales via an overnight courier service (two days for Scotland & Ireland).
Via Online Shop
Orders placed via our Online shop if placed by 12 noon Monday –Thursday can be delivered to you the very next day. If placed on a Friday - Sunday delivery would be on Tuesday.
We deliver by national overnight courier service.
Should you require a specific delivery date, let us know in advance and we will arrange for your delivery to arrive on your required date.
Every tree and plant is packed to ensure your order arrives safely.
For large trees or quantities of trees and plants
Please phone us to discuss, we are usually able to deliver to you via a dedicated vehicle.
For local deliveries
We will deliver to you in our local area and we will be pleased to arrange this with you whilst you are visiting our Nursery or via the phone. We also provide a planting service.
We have our own installation teams to carry out planting in Southern & Eastern England. Please call us to discuss, we are always happy to provide you a quotation.