Prunus subhirtella Autumnalis - Winter Flowering Cherry tree 12/14cm grith
Prunus subhirtella Autumnalis is a small, rounded tree with spreading branches with slightly pendulous tips. The Winter flowering Cherry produces small, semi-double, white, sometimes pink tinged flowers intermittently from November through to March. The green leaves emerge in late spring before turning to yellow and orange in the autumn. It won the Award of Merit in 1930 and to this day remains a favourite for planting in parks. These are ideal trees for smaller gardens as the crown is quite loose so not cutting out all the light. Mature height is 6-8m
Grows in all well drained, moist soils in full sun or partial shade, avoid waterlogged areas.
If the availability below is not listed as 'In Stock' please contact us for more information regarding the item.
We are always updating the stock for sale at our tree nursery but some varieties may only be available through the winter season.
Local delivery / collection - items too heavy or large to ship by carrier.
Pre - Order - not in stock but usually only a short order time.
Out of stock - not available at present.
- 12/14cm girth
Availability: Out Of Stock
Prunus subhirtella Autumnalis - Winter Flowering Cherry tree
- Size: 12/14cm girth. Girth in CM equates roughly to height in feet. For example: 10/12cm girth = 10/12ft in height.
- Botanical name/s: Prunus subhirtella Autumnalis
- Common name/s: Winter Flowering Cherry
- Flower / Foliage: Small white flowers, sometimes with a pink tinge are produced sporadically from November through to March. Small green leaves with a loose and open feel
- Plant type: Deciduous
- Flowering period: November to March
- Mature height: 5-8m
- Mature spread: Up to 5m
- Growth Rate: Fast, slowing with age
- Recommended usage: Ideal in any medium to larger size garden or park where it will reward you with a great spring display.
- Nursery grown: Yes
After Care / Plant Maintenance
- Once planted, Prunus subhirtella Autumnalis will need watering throughout the first growing season, but make sure not to over / under water.
- Check tree tie / stake isn't rubbing and / or too tight or too loose on the trunk.
- Check for and remove any dead, decaying, diseased or crossing branch.
- Remove any weeds from around the base of the Winter Flowering Cherry (including grass).
- Position/Aspect: North, south, east or west facing
- Soil: All moist well drained soils.
- Hardiness: Prunus subhirtella Autumnalis is hardy in the UK
- Plant maintenance: Low maintenance
How do I order from King & Co?
Your order may be placed via our Online Shop, which is fast simple and secure.
After your Online Shop order has been placed we will send an order confirmation email to the email address provided. This will provide you with details of your order, including the order number, which you should check and retain for your records. If there is an error in your order requirement, please contact us as soon as possible quoting your order number, so that we can rectify prior to dispatch.
We will take your credit or debit card payment over the phone. Simply call us on 01376 340469 and one of our experienced team are always available to discuss your order 7 days a week.
From our Nursery
Collect your trees or shrubs from our Nursery in Rayne.
We accept all major credit cards including: Maestro, MasterCard, Visa Credit, Visa Electron and Visa Debit.
How can I expect delivery from King & Co?
Overnight to your door
We can delivery to you anywhere in England and Wales via an overnight courier service (two days for Scotland & Ireland).
Via Online Shop
Orders placed via our Online shop if placed by 12 noon Monday –Thursday can be delivered to you the very next day. If placed on a Friday - Sunday delivery would be on Tuesday.
We deliver by national overnight courier service.
Should you require a specific delivery date, let us know in advance and we will arrange for your delivery to arrive on your required date.
Every tree and plant is packed to ensure your order arrives safely.
For large trees or quantities of trees and plants
Please phone us to discuss, we are usually able to deliver to you via a dedicated vehicle.
For local deliveries
We will deliver to you in our local area and we will be pleased to arrange this with you whilst you are visiting our Nursery or via the phone. We also provide a planting service.
We have our own installation teams to carry out planting in Southern & Eastern England. Please call us to discuss, we are always happy to provide you a quotation.