Prunus lusitanica - Portuguese Laurel Tree 8/10cm Girth
Prunus lusitanica, with its dark green leaves, is a popular screening tree .The dark green glossy leaves emerge from purple tinted young stems complemented by clusters of small white flowers in spring. Growing to a height around 6-8m when mature these standard Portuguese Laurel are Ideal for screening and creating privacy along a boundary fence line in gardens. The dense growth lends itself well to being clipped annually which will produce a solid neat finish if required.
A tough tree which will grow in all except waterlogged soils in full sun to shade. Also available as a bush for hedging.
If the tree size you require is not listed please call for current availability and delivery options as we are always updating the stock we have for sale at our tree nursery in Essex.
- 8/10cm girth
Prunus lusitanica - Portuguese Laurel Tree
- Size: 8/10cm girth. Stem height: 1.1-1.2m, Head height: 1.5-1.75m
- Botanical name/s:Prunus lusitanica
- Common name/s: Portuguese Laurel Tree
- Flower / Foliage: Clusters of small white flowers in spring contrast the dark green foliage.
- Plant type: Evergreen, bushy
- Flowering period: Spring
- Mature height: 6-8 metres
- Mature spread: 2.5-3 metres
- Growth rate: medium growth
- Recommended usage: Prunus lusitanica standard trees are designed specifically to be planted in front of a fence panel or wall with the head of the tree growing above the fence line. When planted in line, they create a stilted hedge giving maximum privacy, but without encroaching on the rest of your garden. The height and width of the head will increase as it grows; stem height will remain the same.
- Nursery grown: Yes
After Care / Plant Maintenance
- Once planted Prunus lusitanica will need watering throughout the first growing season, but make sure not to over / under water.
- Check tree tie / stake isn't rubbing and / or too tight or too loose on the trunk.
- Check for and remove any dead, decaying, diseased or crossing branch.
- Remove any weeds from around the base of the Portuguese Laurel tree (including grass).
- Position/Aspect: Prunus lusitanica can be grown in all aspects
- Soil: Any soil but avoid areas prone to waterlogging.
- Hardiness: Hardy in all areas of UK
- Plant maintenance: low, annual clipping only.
Laurel Trees Information and Advice
How do I order from King & Co?
Your order may be placed via our Online Shop, which is fast simple and secure.
After your Online Shop order has been placed we will send an order confirmation email to the email address provided. This will provide you with details of your order, including the order number, which you should check and retain for your records. If there is an error in your order requirement, please contact us as soon as possible quoting your order number, so that we can rectify prior to dispatch.
We will take your credit or debit card payment over the phone. Simply call us on 01376 340469 and one of our experienced team are always available to discuss your order 7 days a week.
From our Nursery
Collect your trees or shrubs from our Nursery in Rayne.
We accept all major credit cards including: Maestro, MasterCard, Visa Credit, Visa Electron and Visa Debit.
How can I expect delivery from King & Co?
Overnight to your door
We can delivery to you anywhere in England and Wales via an overnight courier service (two days for Scotland & Ireland).
Via Online Shop
Orders placed via our Online shop if placed by 12 noon Monday –Thursday can be delivered to you the very next day. If placed on a Friday - Sunday delivery would be on Tuesday.
We deliver by national overnight courier service.
Should you require a specific delivery date, let us know in advance and we will arrange for your delivery to arrive on your required date.
Every tree and plant is packed to ensure your order arrives safely.
For large trees or quantities of trees and plants
Please phone us to discuss, we are usually able to deliver to you via a dedicated vehicle.
For local deliveries
We will deliver to you in our local area and we will be pleased to arrange this with you whilst you are visiting our Nursery or via the phone. We also provide a planting service.
We have our own installation teams to carry out planting in Southern & Eastern England. Please call us to discuss, we are always happy to provide you a quotation.