Prunus Kanzan - Pink Ornamental Cherry tree 12/14cm girth
Prunus Kanzan is a medium sized deciduous tree and reliably produces plenty of fabulous, very showy, dark pink, double flowers in the spring opening from crimson buds and widely considered one of the best pink cherries on the market. It has a vase shaped crown when young, later spreading to become more rounded. Its large green leaves can turn to a glorious display of oranges and reds in the autumn and emerge a coppery red in spring. Mature height is around 8m. The Kanzan Cherry is ideal for small to large gardens and works great as summer screening. RHS AGM (Award of Garden Merit) in 2002.
Grows in most well drained, moist soils in full sun or partial shade.
Please select the size and quantity of your Prunus tree below.
If the tree size you require is not listed please call for current availability and delivery options as we are always updating the stock we have for sale at our tree nursery in Essex.
- 12/14cm girth
Availability: In Stock
Prunus Kanzan - Pink Ornamental Cherry tree
- Size: 12/14cm girth
- Botanical name/s: Prunus Kanzan
- Common name/s: Pink ornamental Cherry or Kanzan Cherry
- Flower / Foliage: Masses of pink double flowers in spring followed by large green leaves which turn orange and red in autumn.
- Plant type: Deciduous
- Flowering period: Spring
- Mature height: 8m
- Mature spread: Up to 5m
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Recommended usage: Ideal in any size garden, park or woodland as a specimen or planted in a group
- Nursery grown: Yes
After Care / Plant Maintenance
- Once planted, Prunus will need watering throughout the first growing season, but make sure not to over / under water.
- Check tree tie / stake isn't rubbing and / or too tight or too loose on the trunk.
- Check for and remove any dead, decaying, diseased or crossing branch.
- Remove any weeds from around the base of the Cherry tree (including grass).
- Position/Aspect: Full sun to partial shade.
- Soil: All moist well drained soils.
- Hardiness: Prunus Kanzan is hardy in the UK.
- Plant maintenance: Low maintenance
How do I order from King & Co?
Your order may be placed via our Online Shop, which is fast simple and secure.
After your Online Shop order has been placed we will send an order confirmation email to the email address provided. This will provide you with details of your order, including the order number, which you should check and retain for your records. If there is an error in your order requirement, please contact us as soon as possible quoting your order number, so that we can rectify prior to dispatch.
We will take your credit or debit card payment over the phone. Simply call us on 01376 340469 and one of our experienced team are always available to discuss your order 7 days a week.
From our Nursery
Collect your trees or shrubs from our Nursery in Rayne.
We accept all major credit cards including: Maestro, MasterCard, Visa Credit, Visa Electron and Visa Debit.
How can I expect delivery from King & Co?
Overnight to your door
We can delivery to you anywhere in England and Wales via an overnight courier service (two days for Scotland & Ireland).
Via Online Shop
Orders placed via our Online shop if placed by 12 noon Monday –Thursday can be delivered to you the very next day. If placed on a Friday - Sunday delivery would be on Tuesday.
We deliver by national overnight courier service.
Should you require a specific delivery date, let us know in advance and we will arrange for your delivery to arrive on your required date.
Every tree and plant is packed to ensure your order arrives safely.
For large trees or quantities of trees and plants
Please phone us to discuss, we are usually able to deliver to you via a dedicated vehicle.
For local deliveries
We will deliver to you in our local area and we will be pleased to arrange this with you whilst you are visiting our Nursery or via the phone. We also provide a planting service.
We have our own installation teams to carry out planting in Southern & Eastern England. Please call us to discuss, we are always happy to provide you a quotation.