Scots Pine - Pinus sylvestris Bare Root Plants 20-40cms
Pinus sylvestris is our native pine, it is a large tree with a broad conical shape when younger but does tend to loose lower branches as it ages giving these pines tall trunks. The tough needle like leaves can vary in colour from light green to blue-green. Produces ovoid cones which age to a grey-brown colour.
Grows to 15-25m tall.
Scots Pine is ideal for larger gardens, parks, woodland and open ground either grown as a specimen or incorporated into a woodland scheme.
These plants are bare root, available to plant when dormant in winter, we supply from November – April.
Please select the size and quantity of your Pine tree below.
Bare Root plants are available from early November to late March We can take Pre-orders before this time and dispatch the plants as soon as they are available.
- Available in Packs
Availability: In Stock
|Qty||Bare Root Pack Size||Price|
|20/40cms (25 plants)||£24.00|
|20/40cms (50 plants)||£48.00|
|20/40cms (100 plants)||£90.00|
|20/40cms (250 plants)||£210.00|
Pinus sylvestris - Scots Pine Bare Root plant
- Size: 20/40cm
- Botanical name/s: Pinus Sylvestris
- Common name/s: Scots Pine
- Flower / Foliage: Produces 4-7cm long ovoid cones. Stiff needle like leaves that vary from green to blue-green.
- Plant type: Evergreen
- Flowering period: N/A
- Mature height: 15-25 metres
- Mature spread: Up to 8 metres
- Growth Rate: Moderate.
- Recommended usage: Specimen tree great for screening and adding evergreen interest to a woodland area.
- Nursery grown: Yes
After Care / Plant Maintenance
- Pinus sylvestris plants must be heeled-in firmly around the base of the plants. Bare root plants will benefit from watering in the early stages of establishment.
- Check tree tie / stake isn't rubbing and / or too tight or too loose on the trunk.
- Check for and remove any dead, decaying, diseased or crossing branch.
- Remove any weeds from around the base of the Scots Pine (including grass).
- Position/Aspect: Full sun to partial shade
- Soil: All moist well drained soils, avoid waterlogging.
- Hardiness: Pinus sylvestris is hardy and native in the UK. Grows much slower in wetter ground or very coastal conditions.
- Plant maintenance: Low maintenance
How do I order from King & Co?
Your order may be placed via our Online Shop, which is fast simple and secure.
After your Online Shop order has been placed we will send an order confirmation email to the email address provided. This will provide you with details of your order, including the order number, which you should check and retain for your records. If there is an error in your order requirement, please contact us as soon as possible quoting your order number, so that we can rectify prior to dispatch.
We will take your credit or debit card payment over the phone. Simply call us on 01376 340469 and one of our experienced team are always available to discuss your order 7 days a week.
From our Nursery
Collect your trees or shrubs from our Nursery in Rayne.
We accept all major credit cards including: Maestro, MasterCard, Visa Credit, Visa Electron and Visa Debit.
How can I expect delivery from King & Co?
Overnight to your door
We can delivery to you anywhere in England and Wales via an overnight courier service (two days for Scotland & Ireland).
Via Online Shop
Orders placed via our Online shop if placed by 12 noon Monday –Thursday can be delivered to you the very next day. If placed on a Friday - Sunday delivery would be on Tuesday.
We deliver by national overnight courier service.
Should you require a specific delivery date, let us know in advance and we will arrange for your delivery to arrive on your required date.
Every tree and plant is packed to ensure your order arrives safely.
For large trees or quantities of trees and plants
Please phone us to discuss, we are usually able to deliver to you via a dedicated vehicle.
For local deliveries
We will deliver to you in our local area and we will be pleased to arrange this with you whilst you are visiting our Nursery or via the phone. We also provide a planting service.
We have our own installation teams to carry out planting in Southern & Eastern England. Please call us to discuss, we are always happy to provide you a quotation.