Parrotia persica - Persian Ironwood tree 12/14cm girth
Parrotia persica is a medium size, tree with a spreading irregular branching pattern. The large, glossy green, oval leaves give one of the best autumn displays when they turn yellow, crimson and purple before they fall. The greyish bark becomes mottled with shades as fawn-yellow as he tree ages. These superb trees are ideal as a specimen tree in a large garden or park but equally good when used for screening in small to large gardens. Parrotia persica is low maintenance so suitable for any gardener and provides good summer and autumn interest.
Will grow in fertile and moist but well-draining soil and will tolerate most other soil types, prefers full sun to partial shade, autumn colour is at its best in acidic soils.
If the tree size you require is not listed please call for current availability and delivery options as we are always updating the stock we have for sale at our tree nursery in Essex.
- 12/14cm girth
Parrotia persica - Persian Ironwood tree
- Size: 12/14cms girth standard.
Girth in CM equates roughly to height in feet. For example: 10/12cm girth = 10/12ft tall.
- Botanical name/s: Parrotia persica
- Common name/s: Persian Ironwood
- Flower / Foliage: Tiny spider like flowers appear late winter / early spring before the leaves. Large glossy green leaves which turn to vibrant yellows, reds and purples in autumn.
- Plant type: Deciduous
- Flowering period: Late Winter, early Spring
- Mature height: 6-8m
- Mature spread: Up to 6m
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Recommended usage: Ideal as a specimen tree or as a screen in small gardens.
- Nursery grown: Yes
After Care / Plant Maintenance
- The Persian Ironwood will need watering throughout the first growing season, but make sure not to over / under water.
- Check tree tie / stake isn't rubbing and / or too tight or too loose on the trunk.
- Check for and remove any dead, decaying, diseased or crossing branch.
- Remove any weeds from around the base of the Parrotia persica (including grass).
- Position/Aspect: Full sun to partial shade.
- Soil: All moist well drained soils
- Hardiness: Parrotia persica is hardy in the UK
- Plant maintenance: Low maintenance.
How do I order from King & Co?
Your order may be placed via our Online Shop, which is fast simple and secure.
After your Online Shop order has been placed we will send an order confirmation email to the email address provided. This will provide you with details of your order, including the order number, which you should check and retain for your records. If there is an error in your order requirement, please contact us as soon as possible quoting your order number, so that we can rectify prior to dispatch.
We will take your credit or debit card payment over the phone. Simply call us on 01376 340469 and one of our experienced team are always available to discuss your order 7 days a week.
From our Nursery
Collect your trees or shrubs from our Nursery in Rayne.
We accept all major credit cards including: Maestro, MasterCard, Visa Credit, Visa Electron and Visa Debit.
How can I expect delivery from King & Co?
Overnight to your door
We can delivery to you anywhere in England and Wales via an overnight courier service (two days for Scotland & Ireland).
Via Online Shop
Orders placed via our Online shop if placed by 12 noon Monday –Thursday can be delivered to you the very next day. If placed on a Friday - Sunday delivery would be on Tuesday.
We deliver by national overnight courier service.
Should you require a specific delivery date, let us know in advance and we will arrange for your delivery to arrive on your required date.
Every tree and plant is packed to ensure your order arrives safely.
For large trees or quantities of trees and plants
Please phone us to discuss, we are usually able to deliver to you via a dedicated vehicle.
For local deliveries
We will deliver to you in our local area and we will be pleased to arrange this with you whilst you are visiting our Nursery or via the phone. We also provide a planting service.
We have our own installation teams to carry out planting in Southern & Eastern England. Please call us to discuss, we are always happy to provide you a quotation.