Morus alba Pendula - Weeping White Mulberry tree 10/12cm girth
Morus alba Pendula is a weeping form of the White Mulberry grafted on a stem, the final height dependant on the height of the graft. It forms a small deciduous weeping tree with the branches growing down vertically first later, in older specimens, the branches grow out and can achieve a width of 4m before weeping down. The large Morus alba leaves are a light glossy green and rough to the touch. The small green flowers in summer are followed by edible berries, resembling raspberries in autumn which emerge white and ripen to dark pink.
These superb Mulberry trees are ideal for a specimen tree for small to large gardens. The fruits can be used for flavouring food and drinks. Low maintenance so suitable for any garden and provides good summer and autumn interest.
If the tree size you require is not listed please call for current availability and delivery options as we are always updating the stock we have for sale at our tree nursery in Essex.
- 10/12cm girth
Availability: Local Delivery / Collection
Morus alba Pendula - Weeping White Mulberry tree
- Size: 10/12cms girth standard.
Girth in CM equates roughly to height in feet. For example: 10/12cm girth = 10/12ft in height.
- Botanical name/s: Morus alba Pendula
- Common name/s: Weeping White Mulberry
- Flower / Foliage: Small green flowers are followed by white raspberry like fruits which ripen to dark pink. Large mid green leaves, rough to the touch.
- Plant type: Deciduous
- Flowering period: Spring
- Mature height: 4m
- Mature spread: Up to 4m
- Growth Rate: Moderate to Fast
- Recommended usage: Ideal in any size garden or courtyard to provide height in a border or a feature in a lawn plus tasty edible fruits.
- Nursery grown: Yes
After Care / Plant Maintenance
- The Mulberry will need watering throughout the first growing season, but make sure not to over / under water.
- Check tree tie / stake isn't rubbing and / or too tight or too loose on the trunk.
- Check for and remove any dead, decaying, diseased or crossing branch.
- Remove any weeds from around the base of the Morus alba Pendula (including grass).
- Position/Aspect: Full sun to partial shade.
- Soil: All moist well drained soils
- Hardiness: Morus alba is hardy in the UK but prefers shelter from strong or cold winds.
- Plant maintenance: Low maintenance.
How do I order from King & Co?
Your order may be placed via our Online Shop, which is fast simple and secure.
After your Online Shop order has been placed we will send an order confirmation email to the email address provided. This will provide you with details of your order, including the order number, which you should check and retain for your records. If there is an error in your order requirement, please contact us as soon as possible quoting your order number, so that we can rectify prior to dispatch.
We will take your credit or debit card payment over the phone. Simply call us on 01376 340469 and one of our experienced team are always available to discuss your order 7 days a week.
From our Nursery
Collect your trees or shrubs from our Nursery in Rayne.
We accept all major credit cards including: Maestro, MasterCard, Visa Credit, Visa Electron and Visa Debit.
How can I expect delivery from King & Co?
Overnight to your door
We can delivery to you anywhere in England and Wales via an overnight courier service (two days for Scotland & Ireland).
Via Online Shop
Orders placed via our Online shop if placed by 12 noon Monday –Thursday can be delivered to you the very next day. If placed on a Friday - Sunday delivery would be on Tuesday.
We deliver by national overnight courier service.
Should you require a specific delivery date, let us know in advance and we will arrange for your delivery to arrive on your required date.
Every tree and plant is packed to ensure your order arrives safely.
For large trees or quantities of trees and plants
Please phone us to discuss, we are usually able to deliver to you via a dedicated vehicle.
For local deliveries
We will deliver to you in our local area and we will be pleased to arrange this with you whilst you are visiting our Nursery or via the phone. We also provide a planting service.
We have our own installation teams to carry out planting in Southern & Eastern England. Please call us to discuss, we are always happy to provide you a quotation.