Crab Apple - Malus sylvestris Bare Root Plants 40-60cms
Malus sylvestris or Wild Crab Apple is a small tree often found in hedgerows around the UK where the seeds are spread by birds and animals. It is a small native tree that has a rounded crown of dark green leaves which turn yellow and gold in autumn.
The tree has a great display of pink tinged, white flowers in spring and greenish/yellow red flushed fruits in autumn.
These plants are bare root, available to plant when dormant in winter, we supply from November – April.
Please select the size and quantity of your Malus sylvestris tree below.
Bare Root plants are available from early November to late March We can take Pre-orders before this time and dispatch the plants as soon as they are available.
- Available in Packs
Availability: In Stock
|Qty||Bare Root Pack Size||Price|
|40/60cms (25 plants)||£18.00|
|40/60cms (50 plants)||£36.00|
|40/60cms (100 plants)||£66.00|
|40/60cms (250 plants)||£150.00|
|40/60cms (500 plants)||£300.00|
|40/60cms (750 plants)||£435.00|
|40/60cms (1000 plants)||£540.00|
Malus sylvestris - Wild Crab Bare Root plant
- Size: 40/60cm
- Botanical name/s: Malus sylvestris
- Common name/s: Wild Crab Apple Tree
- Flower / Foliage: Wild Crab has oval green leaves that emerge along with a mass of pink flushed white flowers in spring and are followed by greenish - yellow red flushed fruits and leaves turning orange and brown in autumn.
- Plant type: Deciduous
- Flowering period: Spring
- Mature height: 8m
- Mature spread: Up to 8m
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Recommended usage: Ideal in any size garden, park or woodland.
- Nursery grown: Yes
After Care / Plant Maintenance
- Malus sylvestris plants must be heeled-in firmly around the base of the plants. Bare root plants will benefit from watering in the early stages of establishment.
- Check tree tie / stake isn't rubbing and / or too tight or too loose on the trunk.
- Check for and remove any dead, decaying, diseased or crossing branch.
- Remove any weeds from around the base of the Malus (including grass).
- Position/Aspect: Full sun to partial shade.
- Soil: All moist well drained soils
- Hardiness: Malus sylvestris is fully hardy in the UK.
- Plant maintenance: Light pruning required.
How do I order from King & Co?
Your order may be placed via our Online Shop, which is fast simple and secure.
After your Online Shop order has been placed we will send an order confirmation email to the email address provided. This will provide you with details of your order, including the order number, which you should check and retain for your records. If there is an error in your order requirement, please contact us as soon as possible quoting your order number, so that we can rectify prior to dispatch.
We will take your credit or debit card payment over the phone. Simply call us on 01376 340469 and one of our experienced team are always available to discuss your order 7 days a week.
From our Nursery
Collect your trees or shrubs from our Nursery in Rayne.
We accept all major credit cards including: Maestro, MasterCard, Visa Credit, Visa Electron and Visa Debit.
How can I expect delivery from King & Co?
Overnight to your door
We can delivery to you anywhere in England and Wales via an overnight courier service (two days for Scotland & Ireland).
Via Online Shop
Orders placed via our Online shop if placed by 12 noon Monday –Thursday can be delivered to you the very next day. If placed on a Friday - Sunday delivery would be on Tuesday.
We deliver by national overnight courier service.
Should you require a specific delivery date, let us know in advance and we will arrange for your delivery to arrive on your required date.
Every tree and plant is packed to ensure your order arrives safely.
For large trees or quantities of trees and plants
Please phone us to discuss, we are usually able to deliver to you via a dedicated vehicle.
For local deliveries
We will deliver to you in our local area and we will be pleased to arrange this with you whilst you are visiting our Nursery or via the phone. We also provide a planting service.
We have our own installation teams to carry out planting in Southern & Eastern England. Please call us to discuss, we are always happy to provide you a quotation.