Malus domestica James Grieve - James Grieve Apple tree 8/10cm girth
Another great tasting apple making this a firm favorite. A very reliable cropper. the fruit has yellow skin with red/orange speckles and stripes. Flavour is excellent making James Grieves a very popular choice. Plant in fertile well drained soil in a sunny position. Pollination is almost guaranteed in suburban situations where other apple trees are in close proximity.
Grown on MM106 rootstock to produce a strong tree growing to approx 5-6m tall, ideal for most sites and soil conditions.
Please select the size and quantity of your Apple tree below.
If the tree size you require is not listed please call for current availability and delivery options as we are always updating the stock we have for sale at our tree nursery in Essex.
- 8/10cm girth
Availability: In Stock
Malus domestica James Grieve - James Grieve Apple tree
- Size: 8/10cm girth. Girth in CM equates roughly to height in feet. For example: 10/12cm girth = 10/12ft in height.
- Botanical name/s: Malus domestica
- Common name/s: James Grieve
- Flower / Foliage: Green through spring and summer, turning to warmer shades in autumn.
- Plant type: Deciduous
- Flowering period: Spring. Pollination by another apple tree will increase yield.
- Mature height: 5-6m, Grown on MM106 rootstock.
- Mature spread: 4-5 metres
- Growth Rate: Medium
- Recommended usage: A hardy Apple tree, an excellent choice for difficult sites, does better in the north. Yellow, speckled and striped orange coloured fruit is both juicy and tangy.
- Nursery grown: Yes
After Care / Plant Maintenance
- Once planted the James Grieve apple tree will need watering throughout the first growing season, but make sure not to over / under water.
- Check tree tie / stake isn't rubbing and / or too tight or too loose on the trunk.
- Check for and remove any dead, decaying, diseased or crossing branch.
- Remove any weeds from around the base of the Malus domestica (including grass).
- Position/Aspect: In full sun, although it will tolerate partial shade.
- Soil: Fertile, moist and well-drained soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy in all areas of UK.
- Plant maintenance: Low maintenance. Regular pruning required.
How do I order from King & Co?
Your order may be placed via our Online Shop, which is fast simple and secure.
After your Online Shop order has been placed we will send an order confirmation email to the email address provided. This will provide you with details of your order, including the order number, which you should check and retain for your records. If there is an error in your order requirement, please contact us as soon as possible quoting your order number, so that we can rectify prior to dispatch.
We will take your credit or debit card payment over the phone. Simply call us on 01376 340469 and one of our experienced team are always available to discuss your order 7 days a week.
From our Nursery
Collect your trees or shrubs from our Nursery in Rayne.
We accept all major credit cards including: Maestro, MasterCard, Visa Credit, Visa Electron and Visa Debit.
How can I expect delivery from King & Co?
Overnight to your door
We can delivery to you anywhere in England and Wales via an overnight courier service (two days for Scotland & Ireland).
Via Online Shop
Orders placed via our Online shop if placed by 12 noon Monday –Thursday can be delivered to you the very next day. If placed on a Friday - Sunday delivery would be on Tuesday.
We deliver by national overnight courier service.
Should you require a specific delivery date, let us know in advance and we will arrange for your delivery to arrive on your required date.
Every tree and plant is packed to ensure your order arrives safely.
For large trees or quantities of trees and plants
Please phone us to discuss, we are usually able to deliver to you via a dedicated vehicle.
For local deliveries
We will deliver to you in our local area and we will be pleased to arrange this with you whilst you are visiting our Nursery or via the phone. We also provide a planting service.
We have our own installation teams to carry out planting in Southern & Eastern England. Please call us to discuss, we are always happy to provide you a quotation.