Photinia x fraseri 'Red Robin' half std 60/70cm
Photinia Red Robin half std 60/70cm is a very popular dense evergreen tree with a bushy head and is used mainly for ornamental purposes in gardens as specimen or feature plants or to line a drive or pathway. They can be planted in a row to be used as a raised hedge, with a clear stem of approximately 90-100cm.
The globular shape can be clipped to be kept neat and small or allowed to grow out to create a larger sphere or an attractive small tree.
Photinia Red Robin provides winter and spring interest, young foliage emerges red in spring time accompanied by an abundance of white flowers in April/May. As the young red leaves of the tree matures, they gradually harden to a glossy green as spring turns to summer. Suits almost any garden style.
Photinia Red Robin is a shallow rooted tree which does not create the problems associated with deciduous trees.
Please select the size and quantity of your Photinia tree below.
If the tree size you require is not listed please call for current availability and delivery options as we are always updating the stock we have for sale at our tree nursery in Essex.
- Half std 60/70cm diameter
Availability: In Stock
Photinia Red Robin half std 60/70cm
- Size: half std 60/70cm
- Botanical name/s: Photinia x Fraseri
- Common name/s: Red Robin, Christmas Berry
- Flower / Foliage: Creamy white flowers
- Plant type: Evergreen, bushy
- Flowering period: Spring
- Mature height: 5 metres
- Mature spread: Up to 4 metres
- Fast growing?: Reaches mature height in 5 years
- Recommended usage: Photinia Red Robin standard trees are designed specifically to be planted in front of a 1.8m fence panel. The head of the Photinia tree sits above the fence line. When planted in line, they create a stilted hedge giving maximum privacy, but without encroaching on the rest of your garden. The height and width of the head will increase as it grows; stem height will remain the same.
- Nursery grown: Yes
After Care / Plant Maintenance
- Once planted Photinia Red Robin will need watering throughout the first growing season, but make sure not to over / under water.
- Check tree tie / stake isn't rubbing and / or too tight or too loose on the trunk.
- Check for and remove any dead, decaying, diseased or crossing branch.
- Remove any weeds from around the base of the Photinia tree (including grass).
- Position/Aspect: Photinia Red Robin can be grown in all aspects
- Soil: Any: sand, clay, loam e.t.c.
- Hardiness: Hardy in all areas of UK
- Plant maintenance: Twice annual clipping.
Photinia 'Red Robin' Information and Advice
How do I order from King & Co?
Your order may be placed via our Online Shop, which is fast simple and secure.
After your Online Shop order has been placed we will send an order confirmation email to the email address provided. This will provide you with details of your order, including the order number, which you should check and retain for your records. If there is an error in your order requirement, please contact us as soon as possible quoting your order number, so that we can rectify prior to dispatch.
We will take your credit or debit card payment over the phone. Simply call us on 01376 340469 and one of our experienced team are always available to discuss your order 7 days a week.
From our Nursery
Collect your trees or shrubs from our Nursery in Rayne.
We accept all major credit cards including: Maestro, MasterCard, Visa Credit, Visa Electron and Visa Debit.
How can I expect delivery from King & Co?
Overnight to your door
We can delivery to you anywhere in England and Wales via an overnight courier service (two days for Scotland & Ireland).
Via Online Shop
Orders placed via our Online shop if placed by 12 noon Monday –Thursday can be delivered to you the very next day. If placed on a Friday - Sunday delivery would be on Tuesday.
We deliver by national overnight courier service.
Should you require a specific delivery date, let us know in advance and we will arrange for your delivery to arrive on your required date.
Every tree and plant is packed to ensure your order arrives safely.
For large trees or quantities of trees and plants
Please phone us to discuss, we are usually able to deliver to you via a dedicated vehicle.
For local deliveries
We will deliver to you in our local area and we will be pleased to arrange this with you whilst you are visiting our Nursery or via the phone. We also provide a planting service.
We have our own installation teams to carry out planting in Southern & Eastern England. Please call us to discuss, we are always happy to provide you a quotation.