Fagus sylvatica Purpurea - Purple Beech Instant Hedge Plants
Purple Beech grown in troughs is ideal for instant impact. Fagus sylvatica Purpurea is similar to Green Beech in nearly all aspects except it has beautiful, glossy purple leaves which turn to copper in autumn. Foliage stays brown through winter holding onto leaves until new leaf buds appear, giving all year round screening. Makes a stunning hedge, fast growing will thrive in most conditions. The leaf colour can be quite green in very shady areas with low sunlight.
Purple Beech is very hardy but will not tolerate waterlogged soil or very heavy soils like clay unless there is adequate drainage to allow the water to run off. Once clipped it will become very thick and retains more leaves through the winter the older and denser it becomes.
Please select the quantity of your Purple Beech below.
If the tree size you require is not listed please call for current availability and delivery options as we are always updating the stock we have for sale at our tree nursery in Essex.
- Instant Hedging Trough
Availability: Out Of Stock
Fagus sylvatica Purpurea - Purple Beech Instant hedge
- Size: 1.5-1.75m tall trough
- Botanical name/s: Fagus sylvatica Purpurea
- Common name/s: Purple Beech.
- Flower / Foliage: Purple Beech is the same as the Green Beech, except its leaves are coloured purple from spring to autumn, and then copper coloured in winter.
- Plant type: Deciduous
- Flowering period: N/A
- Mature height: 12m
- Mature spread: 12m
- Growth Rate: Slow to Moderate
- Recommended usage: Clipped hedges and screening.
- Nursery grown: Yes
After Care / Plant Maintenance
- Fagus sylvatica Purpurea plants must be watered in the first year or so of establishment.
- Check for and remove any dead, decaying or diseased branches.
- Remove any weeds from around the base of the Purple Beech (including grass).
- Position/Aspect: Full sun to partial shade.
- Soil: Fagus sylvatica Purpurea, is tolerant of a wide range of well-drained soils, except heavy clay.
- Hardiness: Hardy in most places throughout the UK.
- Plant maintenance: Low maintenance. Purple Beech hedging should be trimmed back in Summer.
How do I order from King & Co?
Your order may be placed via our Online Shop, which is fast simple and secure.
After your Online Shop order has been placed we will send an order confirmation email to the email address provided. This will provide you with details of your order, including the order number, which you should check and retain for your records. If there is an error in your order requirement, please contact us as soon as possible quoting your order number, so that we can rectify prior to dispatch.
We will take your credit or debit card payment over the phone. Simply call us on 01376 340469 and one of our experienced team are always available to discuss your order 7 days a week.
From our Nursery
Collect your trees or shrubs from our Nursery in Rayne.
We accept all major credit cards including: Maestro, MasterCard, Visa Credit, Visa Electron and Visa Debit.
How can I expect delivery from King & Co?
Overnight to your door
We can delivery to you anywhere in England and Wales via an overnight courier service (two days for Scotland & Ireland).
Via Online Shop
Orders placed via our Online shop if placed by 12 noon Monday –Thursday can be delivered to you the very next day. If placed on a Friday - Sunday delivery would be on Tuesday.
We deliver by national overnight courier service.
Should you require a specific delivery date, let us know in advance and we will arrange for your delivery to arrive on your required date.
Every tree and plant is packed to ensure your order arrives safely.
For large trees or quantities of trees and plants
Please phone us to discuss, we are usually able to deliver to you via a dedicated vehicle.
For local deliveries
We will deliver to you in our local area and we will be pleased to arrange this with you whilst you are visiting our Nursery or via the phone. We also provide a planting service.
We have our own installation teams to carry out planting in Southern & Eastern England. Please call us to discuss, we are always happy to provide you a quotation.