Goat Willow - Salix caprea Bare Root Plants 60-90cms
Salix Caprea is a very tough, small willow that is easy to grow and copes well on wet sites. It is often seen growing as a large bushy shrub along river banks and is common in gardens but can become a small tree.
Goat Willow breaks bud in late winter or early spring, providing furry catkins, which are soon followed by whitish, yellow flowers.
These plants are bare root, available to plant when dormant in winter, we supply from November – April.
Please select the size and quantity of your Willow plant below.
If the tree size you require is not listed please call for current availability and delivery options as we are always updating the stock we have for sale at our tree nursery in Essex.
- Available in Packs
Availability: Out Of Stock
|Qty||Bare Root Pack Size||Price|
|60/90cms (25 plants)||£22.50|
|60/90cms (50 plants)||£45.00|
|60/90cms (100 plants)||£84.00|
|60/90cms (250 plants)||£180.00|
Salix Caprea - Goat Willow Bare Root plant
- Size: 60/90cm
- Botanical name/s: Salix Caprea
- Common name/s: Goat Willow
- Flower / Foliage: Salix Caprea has leaves which are green above and grey/green beneath. The male plant (goat willow) produces masses of yellow tipped catkins at the same time as the female plant produces silver catkins
- Plant type: Deciduous
- Flowering period: Spring
- Mature height: 5m
- Mature spread: Up to 8m
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Recommended usage: Wildlife value. Attractive catkins used as cuttings.
- Nursery grown: Yes
After Care / Plant Maintenance
- Salix Caprea plants must be heeled-in firmly around the base of the plants. Bare root plants will benefit from watering in the early stages of establishment.
- Check tree tie / stake isn't rubbing and / or too tight or too loose on the trunk.
- Check for and remove any dead, decaying, diseased or crossing branch.
- Remove any weeds from around the base of the Goat Willow (including grass).
- Position/Aspect: North, south, east or west facing
- Soil: Sand, clay and loam.
- Hardiness: Hardy in all of UK and northern Europe.
- Plant maintenance: Low maintenance. Light pruning required.
How do I order from King & Co?
Your order may be placed via our Online Shop, which is fast simple and secure.
After your Online Shop order has been placed we will send an order confirmation email to the email address provided. This will provide you with details of your order, including the order number, which you should check and retain for your records. If there is an error in your order requirement, please contact us as soon as possible quoting your order number, so that we can rectify prior to dispatch.
We will take your credit or debit card payment over the phone. Simply call us on 01376 340469 and one of our experienced team are always available to discuss your order 7 days a week.
From our Nursery
Collect your trees or shrubs from our Nursery in Rayne.
We accept all major credit cards including: Maestro, MasterCard, Visa Credit, Visa Electron and Visa Debit.
How can I expect delivery from King & Co?
Overnight to your door
We can delivery to you anywhere in England and Wales via an overnight courier service (two days for Scotland & Ireland).
Via Online Shop
Orders placed via our Online shop if placed by 12 noon Monday –Thursday can be delivered to you the very next day. If placed on a Friday - Sunday delivery would be on Tuesday.
We deliver by national overnight courier service.
Should you require a specific delivery date, let us know in advance and we will arrange for your delivery to arrive on your required date.
Every tree and plant is packed to ensure your order arrives safely.
For large trees or quantities of trees and plants
Please phone us to discuss, we are usually able to deliver to you via a dedicated vehicle.
For local deliveries
We will deliver to you in our local area and we will be pleased to arrange this with you whilst you are visiting our Nursery or via the phone. We also provide a planting service.
We have our own installation teams to carry out planting in Southern & Eastern England. Please call us to discuss, we are always happy to provide you a quotation.