Corylus Avellana - Hazel Bare Root Plants 40-60cms
Corylus Avellana or Hazel is another very common site in British hedgerows and is commonly coppiced and cultivated for its 'Hazelnuts'.
A small, native tree that produces large amounts of edible nuts in autumn. Hazel has large round, bright green leaves held on upright stems with pendulous ends, easily coppiced, meaning that it is frequently found in British hedgerows. Long yellow catkins appear very early in spring giving hazel trees a burst of colour before many others have come into leaf. Grows as a multi-stemmed tree if cut back and fills gaps in hedges very well.
These plants are bare root, available to plant when dormant in winter, we supply from November – April.
Please select the size and quantity of your Hazel plant below.
If the tree size you require is not listed please call for current availability and delivery options as we are always updating the stock we have for sale at our tree nursery in Essex.
- Available in Packs
Availability: In Stock
|Qty||Bare Root Pack Size||Price|
|40/60cms (5 Plants)||£7.50|
|40/60cms (10 Plants)||£10.00|
|40/60cms (25 plants)||£20.50|
|40/60cms (50 plants)||£41.00|
|40/60cms (100 plants)||£76.00|
|40/60cms (250 plants)||£175.00|
|40/60cms (500 plants)||£350.00|
|40/60cms (750 plants)||£525.00|
|40/60cms (1000 plants)||£640.00|
Corylus Avellana - Hazel Tree Bare Root plants
- Size: 40/60cm, Bareroot.
- Botanical name/s: Corylus Avellana.
- Common name/s: Hazel.
- Flower / Foliage: Corylus Avellana is a large deciduous shrub. It boasts long yellow male catkins, and short red female catkins in the spring. Its leaves are green and in summer sweet, oval nuts appear hidden with green husks.
- Plant type: Deciduous
- Flowering period: Catkins in spring.
- Mature height: 4-8m
- Mature spread: 8m
- Growth Rate: Average to fast.
- Recommended usage: Flower arranging and very popular for hedging. Ideal for parks, woodlands and gardens.
- Nursery grown: Yes
After Care / Plant Maintenance
- Corylus avellana plants must be heeled-in firmly around the base of the plants. Bare root plants will benefit from watering in the early stages of establishment.
- Check tree tie / stake isn't rubbing and / or too tight or too loose on the trunk.
- Check for and remove any dead, decaying, diseased or crossing branch.
- Remove any weeds from around the base of the Hazel plant (including grass).
- Position/Aspect: .North, south, east or west facing
- Soil: Moist but well drained including chalk, loam and sand
- Hardiness: Hardy in all of UK and northern Europe
- Plant maintenance: Low maintenance. Light pruning required.
How do I order from King & Co?
Your order may be placed via our Online Shop, which is fast simple and secure.
After your Online Shop order has been placed we will send an order confirmation email to the email address provided. This will provide you with details of your order, including the order number, which you should check and retain for your records. If there is an error in your order requirement, please contact us as soon as possible quoting your order number, so that we can rectify prior to dispatch.
We will take your credit or debit card payment over the phone. Simply call us on 01376 340469 and one of our experienced team are always available to discuss your order 7 days a week.
From our Nursery
Collect your trees or shrubs from our Nursery in Rayne.
We accept all major credit cards including: Maestro, MasterCard, Visa Credit, Visa Electron and Visa Debit.
How can I expect delivery from King & Co?
Overnight to your door
We can delivery to you anywhere in England and Wales via an overnight courier service (two days for Scotland & Ireland).
Via Online Shop
Orders placed via our Online shop if placed by 12 noon Monday –Thursday can be delivered to you the very next day. If placed on a Friday - Sunday delivery would be on Tuesday.
We deliver by national overnight courier service.
Should you require a specific delivery date, let us know in advance and we will arrange for your delivery to arrive on your required date.
Every tree and plant is packed to ensure your order arrives safely.
For large trees or quantities of trees and plants
Please phone us to discuss, we are usually able to deliver to you via a dedicated vehicle.
For local deliveries
We will deliver to you in our local area and we will be pleased to arrange this with you whilst you are visiting our Nursery or via the phone. We also provide a planting service.
We have our own installation teams to carry out planting in Southern & Eastern England. Please call us to discuss, we are always happy to provide you a quotation.