Magnolia Susan - Magnolia tree 80-100cm tall
Magnolia Susan - Magnolia tree is a small, deciduous tree with an upright habit ideal for smaller gardens and containers. An attractive Magnolia with masses of silky buds which swell and turn dark purple in spring, around April, then open into deep pink/purple goblet shaped flowers. The flowers emerge just before the lance-oval shaped mid green leaves appear. Flowering can last a long time between April and June buts is at it's peak in early May.
Magnolia Susan will grow to approximately 3-5m tall but stay upright and narrow making them ideal for small gardens either grown as a specimen or incorporated into a large mixed border. Can be happily grown in a container.
Can be grown in all soils that are moist but well-draining, likes full sun to partial shade and flowers best in a sheltered site.
Please select the size and quantity of your Magnolia Susan tree below.
If the tree size you require is not listed please call for current availability and delivery options as we are always updating the stock we have for sale at our tree nursery in Essex.
- Plant Size : 80-100cmcm
Availability: In Stock
Magnolia Susan - Magnolia tree
- Size: 80-100cm tall
- Botanical name/s: Magnolia Susan
- Common name/s: Magnolia tree
- Flower / Foliage: Masses of deep pink-purple flowers which appear in spring from April -June, followed by mid green leaves.
- Plant type: Deciduous
- Flowering period: April - June
- Mature height: 3-5m
- Mature spread: 2m
- Growth Rate: Slow
- Recommended usage: Ideal in any size garden or border and due to its smaller size can easily be grown in containers.
- Nursery grown: Yes
After Care / Plant Maintenance
- Once planted Magnolia Susan will need watering throughout the first growing season, but make sure not to over / under water.
- Check for and remove any dead, decaying, diseased or crossing branch.
- Remove any weeds from around the base of the Magnolia (including grass).
- Position/Aspect: Full sun to partial shade, sheltered sites best.
- Soil: Grow in fertile well drained soil, preferably full sun.
- Hardiness: Magnolia Susan is hardy in the UK but prefers shelter from strong or cold winds.
- Plant maintenance: Low maintenance
How do I order from King & Co?
Your order may be placed via our Online Shop, which is fast simple and secure.
After your Online Shop order has been placed we will send an order confirmation email to the email address provided. This will provide you with details of your order, including the order number, which you should check and retain for your records. If there is an error in your order requirement, please contact us as soon as possible quoting your order number, so that we can rectify prior to dispatch.
We will take your credit or debit card payment over the phone. Simply call us on 01376 340469 and one of our experienced team are always available to discuss your order 7 days a week.
From our Nursery
Collect your trees or shrubs from our Nursery in Rayne.
We accept all major credit cards including: Maestro, MasterCard, Visa Credit, Visa Electron and Visa Debit.
How can I expect delivery from King & Co?
Overnight to your door
We can delivery to you anywhere in England and Wales via an overnight courier service (two days for Scotland & Ireland).
Via Online Shop
Orders placed via our Online shop if placed by 12 noon Monday –Thursday can be delivered to you the very next day. If placed on a Friday - Sunday delivery would be on Tuesday.
We deliver by national overnight courier service.
Should you require a specific delivery date, let us know in advance and we will arrange for your delivery to arrive on your required date.
Every tree and plant is packed to ensure your order arrives safely.
For large trees or quantities of trees and plants
Please phone us to discuss, we are usually able to deliver to you via a dedicated vehicle.
For local deliveries
We will deliver to you in our local area and we will be pleased to arrange this with you whilst you are visiting our Nursery or via the phone. We also provide a planting service.
We have our own installation teams to carry out planting in Southern & Eastern England. Please call us to discuss, we are always happy to provide you a quotation.