Photinia x fraseri ' Red Robin '- 1/4 Standard
Photinia Red Robin a evergreen shrub with a wonderful range of leaf colours. Red Robins attractive young leaves are bright red ,turning green with age. White flowers will appear usually May -June time. Commonly used to form topiary shapes to bring an added dimension and colour to any garden.
These quarter standard photinia topiary plants are great for small formal gardens or patio containers. Also used to form topiary shapes to bring an added dimension to any garden. They are easily kept in shape with annual trimming in the growing season, between May and September. It is a very popular choice. Plant ideally in partial shade, will tolerate full sun,
Please select the quantity of Photinia Red Robin plants below.
If the shrub size you require is not listed please call for current availability and delivery options as we are always updating the stock we have for sale at our tree nursery in Essex.
- 1/4 Std. Ball top
Availability: In Stock
Photinia Red Robin - 1/4 Standard
- Size: 1/4 standard. This has a short clear stem with a 25 x 30cm ball top
- Botanical name/s: Photinia Fraseri
- Common name/s: Red Robin , Christmas Berry
- Flower / Foliage: The Photinia Red Robin bright red young leaves gradually turning green as they age.
- Plant type: Evergreen
- Flowering period: Spring
- Mature height: As trimmed.
- Mature spread: As trimmed.
- Growth Rate: Slow
- Recommended usage: Dense foliage ideal for trimming, 1/4 standards are great in pots by doors or pathways.
- Nursery grown: Yes
After Care / Plant Maintenance
- Once planted Photinia will need watering throughout the first growing season, but make sure not to over / under water.
- Check tree tie / stake isn't rubbing and / or too tight or too loose on the trunk.
- Check for and remove any dead, decaying, diseased or crossing branch.
- Remove any weeds from around the base of the Buxus (including grass).
- Position/Aspect: All aspects.
- Soil: Any most well-drained soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy in most places throughout the UK.
- Plant maintenance: Low maintenance. Photinia require light pruning 2 or 3 times during the growing season.
How do I order from King & Co?
Your order may be placed via our Online Shop, which is fast simple and secure.
After your Online Shop order has been placed we will send an order confirmation email to the email address provided. This will provide you with details of your order, including the order number, which you should check and retain for your records. If there is an error in your order requirement, please contact us as soon as possible quoting your order number, so that we can rectify prior to dispatch.
We will take your credit or debit card payment over the phone. Simply call us on 01376 340469 and one of our experienced team are always available to discuss your order 7 days a week.
From our Nursery
Collect your trees or shrubs from our Nursery in Rayne.
We accept all major credit cards including: Maestro, MasterCard, Visa Credit, Visa Electron and Visa Debit.
How can I expect delivery from King & Co?
Overnight to your door
We can delivery to you anywhere in England and Wales via an overnight courier service (two days for Scotland & Ireland).
Via Online Shop
Orders placed via our Online shop if placed by 12 noon Monday –Thursday can be delivered to you the very next day. If placed on a Friday - Sunday delivery would be on Tuesday.
We deliver by national overnight courier service.
Should you require a specific delivery date, let us know in advance and we will arrange for your delivery to arrive on your required date.
Every tree and plant is packed to ensure your order arrives safely.
For large trees or quantities of trees and plants
Please phone us to discuss, we are usually able to deliver to you via a dedicated vehicle.
For local deliveries
We will deliver to you in our local area and we will be pleased to arrange this with you whilst you are visiting our Nursery or via the phone. We also provide a planting service.
We have our own installation teams to carry out planting in Southern & Eastern England. Please call us to discuss, we are always happy to provide you a quotation.