Olea europaea - Olive tree 1/4 Standard
Olea europaea is an evergreen with grey/green leave which bring a taste of the Mediterranean to any sunny garden. Olive trees are hardy, but need shelter in very cold winters. Olives thrive in free draining, poor soil in a sunny position. They will tolerate salt, wind and drought once established. Olea europaea will produce olives in the summer, but these are unlikely to ripen completely unless we have an extended hot period. Perfect for planting in pots on terraces and in courtyards and an excellent slow growing evergreen for small gardens. We supply olive trees in several different sizes to suit all tastes and situations. Olives can be clipped hard into various forms, some of which we keep in stock, or grown into a small rounded tree.
Grows to around 5+m tall
Please select the size and quantity of your Olive tree below.
If the tree size you require is not listed please call for current availability and delivery options as we are always updating the stock we have for sale at our tree nursery in Essex.
- 1/4 Std. Ball top
Availability: In Stock
Olea europaea - Olive tree
- Size: 1/4 standard Ball top.
- Botanical name/s: Olea europaea
- Common name/s: Olive
- Flower / Foliage: Small white, fragrant flowers in late spring. Small lance shaped, grey-green evergreen leaves.
- Plant type: Evergreen
- Flowering period: Spring
- Mature height: 5 metres
- Mature spread: Up to 5 metres
- Growth Rate: Moderate, slow in colder sites.
- Recommended usage: Much used as an ornamental feature tree in beds and containers near seating areas in hot sunny sites.
- Nursery grown: Yes
After Care / Plant Maintenance
- Once planted Olea europaea will need watering throughout the first growing season, but make sure not to over / under water.
- Check tree tie / stake isn't rubbing and / or too tight or too loose on the trunk.
- Check for and remove any dead, decaying, diseased or crossing branch.
- Remove any weeds from around the base of the Olive tree (including grass).
- Position/Aspect: South to west facing is best in full sun.
- Soil: Well drained soils, great in poor soils
- Hardiness: Olea europaea is hardy in the warmer areas of the UK but will grow in most of our cities where there is less chance of frosts, prefers shelter from strong, cold winds.
- Plant maintenance: Low maintenance
How do I order from King & Co?
Your order may be placed via our Online Shop, which is fast simple and secure.
After your Online Shop order has been placed we will send an order confirmation email to the email address provided. This will provide you with details of your order, including the order number, which you should check and retain for your records. If there is an error in your order requirement, please contact us as soon as possible quoting your order number, so that we can rectify prior to dispatch.
We will take your credit or debit card payment over the phone. Simply call us on 01376 340469 and one of our experienced team are always available to discuss your order 7 days a week.
From our Nursery
Collect your trees or shrubs from our Nursery in Rayne.
We accept all major credit cards including: Maestro, MasterCard, Visa Credit, Visa Electron and Visa Debit.
How can I expect delivery from King & Co?
Overnight to your door
We can delivery to you anywhere in England and Wales via an overnight courier service (two days for Scotland & Ireland).
Via Online Shop
Orders placed via our Online shop if placed by 12 noon Monday –Thursday can be delivered to you the very next day. If placed on a Friday - Sunday delivery would be on Tuesday.
We deliver by national overnight courier service.
Should you require a specific delivery date, let us know in advance and we will arrange for your delivery to arrive on your required date.
Every tree and plant is packed to ensure your order arrives safely.
For large trees or quantities of trees and plants
Please phone us to discuss, we are usually able to deliver to you via a dedicated vehicle.
For local deliveries
We will deliver to you in our local area and we will be pleased to arrange this with you whilst you are visiting our Nursery or via the phone. We also provide a planting service.
We have our own installation teams to carry out planting in Southern & Eastern England. Please call us to discuss, we are always happy to provide you a quotation.