Robinia pseudoacacia Casque Rouge - False Acacia tree 10/12cm girth
Robinia pseudoacacia Casque Rouge is a medium height tree. Upright when young the branches grow outwards with age giving a wide-oval to rounded crown with an ultimate height around 10-15m tall. The pendulous clusters of purple-pink, pea like flowers appear in early summer and can be spectacular. Acacia have thorns along the branches so best not to climb! Will grow in all well drained soils but is best in a site protected from strong and chilling winter winds.
This is a great tree for medium to larger size gardens and parks with great seasonal interest.
If the tree size you require is not listed please call for current availability and delivery options as we are always updating the stock we have for sale at our tree nursery in Essex.
- 10/12cm girth
Availability: In Stock
Robinia pseudoacacia Casque Rouge - False Acacia tree
- Size: 10/12cms girth standard.
Girth in CM equates roughly to height in feet. For example: 10/12cm girth = 10/12ft tall.
- Botanical name/s: Robinia pseudoacacia Casque Rouge
- Common name/s: False Acacia.
- Flower / Foliage: Pendulous clusters of purple-pink flowers appear in early summer. The leaves are light green and similar to an Ash variety
- Plant type: Deciduous
- Flowering period: Summer
- Mature height: 10-15m
- Mature spread: Up to 8m
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Recommended usage: Robinia pseudoacacia Casque Rouge is hardy in the UK but best in a sheltered site in free draining soils. Planting in the far north would be best in larger towns and cities where the temperatures are a little warmer.
- Nursery grown: Yes
After Care / Plant Maintenance
- The False Acacia will need watering throughout the first growing season, but make sure not to over / under water.
- Check tree tie / stake isn't rubbing and / or too tight or too loose on the trunk.
- Check for and remove any dead, decaying, diseased or crossing branch.
- Remove any weeds from around the base of the Robinia tree (including grass).
- Position/Aspect: Full sun to partial shade.
- Soil: All moist well drained soils
- Hardiness: Robinia pseudoacacia Casque Rouge is hardy in the UK but best in a sheltered site in free draining soils. Planting in the far north would be best in larger towns and cities where the temperatures are a little warmer.
- Plant maintenance: Low maintenance
How do I order from King & Co?
Your order may be placed via our Online Shop, which is fast simple and secure.
After your Online Shop order has been placed we will send an order confirmation email to the email address provided. This will provide you with details of your order, including the order number, which you should check and retain for your records. If there is an error in your order requirement, please contact us as soon as possible quoting your order number, so that we can rectify prior to dispatch.
We will take your credit or debit card payment over the phone. Simply call us on 01376 340469 and one of our experienced team are always available to discuss your order 7 days a week.
From our Nursery
Collect your trees or shrubs from our Nursery in Rayne.
We accept all major credit cards including: Maestro, MasterCard, Visa Credit, Visa Electron and Visa Debit.
How can I expect delivery from King & Co?
Overnight to your door
We can delivery to you anywhere in England and Wales via an overnight courier service (two days for Scotland & Ireland).
Via Online Shop
Orders placed via our Online shop if placed by 12 noon Monday –Thursday can be delivered to you the very next day. If placed on a Friday - Sunday delivery would be on Tuesday.
We deliver by national overnight courier service.
Should you require a specific delivery date, let us know in advance and we will arrange for your delivery to arrive on your required date.
Every tree and plant is packed to ensure your order arrives safely.
For large trees or quantities of trees and plants
Please phone us to discuss, we are usually able to deliver to you via a dedicated vehicle.
For local deliveries
We will deliver to you in our local area and we will be pleased to arrange this with you whilst you are visiting our Nursery or via the phone. We also provide a planting service.
We have our own installation teams to carry out planting in Southern & Eastern England. Please call us to discuss, we are always happy to provide you a quotation.