Quercus ilex - Evergreen Oak tree 1.5m+ tall
Quercus Ilex is a large slow growing tree with a broad, rounded crown when mature. Also known as the Holly Oak and Holm Oak it has dark green, glossy leaves with toothed edges similar to a holly. In warmer areas it will bear yellow catkins in spring followed by small round acorns in late summer.
Quercus Ilex will make a very effective evergreen screen when clipped and is tolerant of dry soils, salt winds and air pollution. Is grown in bush form to make a very effective hedge.
This is a great Specimen tree for larger gardens, parks and woodlands but equally at home clipped in the smallest of spaces.
Please select the size and quantity of your Oak tree below.
If the tree size you require is not listed please call for current availability and delivery options as we are always updating the stock we have for sale at our tree nursery in Essex.
- 1.5m+ tall
Availability: In Stock
Quercus ilex - Evergreen Oak/Holm Oak tree
- Size: 1.5m+ tall
- Botanical name/s: Quercus Ilex
- Common name/s: Evergreen Oak, Holm Oak
- Flower / Foliage: Small catkins appear in spring in milder areas followed by small rounded acorns. The tough dark green leaves are toothed and similar to a holly.
- Plant type: Evergreen
- Flowering period: N/A
- Mature height: 20m as a specimen or any lower height if clipped
- Mature spread: Up to 12m
- Growth Rate: Medium, faster when young.
- Recommended usage: Quercus ilex is ideal in any larger size garden, park or woodland as a specimen or as a screening tree or hedge in smaller gardens. Will make an effective wind break in coastal conditions.
- Nursery grown: Yes
After Care / Plant Maintenance
- Once planted, Quercus ilex will need watering throughout the first growing season, but make sure not to over / under water.
- Check tree tie / stake isn't rubbing and / or too tight or too loose on the trunk.
- Check for and remove any dead, decaying, diseased or crossing branch.
- Remove any weeds from around the base of the Oak tree (including grass).
- Position/Aspect: North, south, east or west facing
- Soil: All moist well drained soils
- Hardiness: Quercus ilex is hardy in the UK in all but the most exposed colder regions
- Plant maintenance: Low maintenance
How do I order from King & Co?
Your order may be placed via our Online Shop, which is fast simple and secure.
After your Online Shop order has been placed we will send an order confirmation email to the email address provided. This will provide you with details of your order, including the order number, which you should check and retain for your records. If there is an error in your order requirement, please contact us as soon as possible quoting your order number, so that we can rectify prior to dispatch.
We will take your credit or debit card payment over the phone. Simply call us on 01376 340469 and one of our experienced team are always available to discuss your order 7 days a week.
From our Nursery
Collect your trees or shrubs from our Nursery in Rayne.
We accept all major credit cards including: Maestro, MasterCard, Visa Credit, Visa Electron and Visa Debit.
How can I expect delivery from King & Co?
Overnight to your door
We can delivery to you anywhere in England and Wales via an overnight courier service (two days for Scotland & Ireland).
Via Online Shop
Orders placed via our Online shop if placed by 12 noon Monday –Thursday can be delivered to you the very next day. If placed on a Friday - Sunday delivery would be on Tuesday.
We deliver by national overnight courier service.
Should you require a specific delivery date, let us know in advance and we will arrange for your delivery to arrive on your required date.
Every tree and plant is packed to ensure your order arrives safely.
For large trees or quantities of trees and plants
Please phone us to discuss, we are usually able to deliver to you via a dedicated vehicle.
For local deliveries
We will deliver to you in our local area and we will be pleased to arrange this with you whilst you are visiting our Nursery or via the phone. We also provide a planting service.
We have our own installation teams to carry out planting in Southern & Eastern England. Please call us to discuss, we are always happy to provide you a quotation.