Pyrus communis Conference – Conference Pear tree 6/8cm girth
A very reliable mid season choice of pear, Introduced in 1885. An excellent variety for the uk climate, very good for shady colder spots. Bell shaped fruits are juicy and firm and ready to harvest in late September. Pears should be slightly under ripe when picked then stored until ripe in November. Thrives when planted in rich well drained soil. Conference pear is self fertile but will benefit from having another variety of pear nearby to maximize yield.
Please select the size and quantity of your Pyrus tree below.
If the tree size you require is not listed please call for current availability and delivery options as we are always updating the stock we have for sale at our tree nursery in Essex.
- 6/8cm girth
Pyrus communis Conference – Conference Pear tree
- Size: 6/8cm girth standard.
Girth in CM equates roughly to height in feet. For example: 10/12cm girth = 10/12ft in height.
- Botanical name/s: Pyrus communis Conference
- Common name/s: Conferece Pear
- Flower / Foliage: White flowers, Green leaves throughout Spring and Summer, turning to warmer tones into the Autumn.
- Plant type: Decidous
- Flowering period: Spring, Self-fertile
- Mature height: 5-6m
- Mature spread: 3-4m
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Recommended usage: Reliable under less than perfect conditions, it is self fertile but a nearby pollination partner will ensure a better crop. Great in the north. Fruit colour is olive green with large patches of russet.
- Nursery grown: Yes
After Care / Plant Maintenance
- Once planted it will need watering throughout the first growing season, but make sure not to over / under water.
- Check tree tie / stake isn't rubbing and / or too tight or too loose on the trunk.
- Check for and remove any dead, decaying, diseased or crossing branch.
- Remove any weeds from around the base of the Pear tree (including grass).
- Position/Aspect: Full sun to partial shade
- Soil: Moist well drained, it will tolerate most soil types likes full sun to partial shade
- Hardiness: Fully hardy
- Plant maintenance: Remove any dense shoots from the base of the tree in early spring, tolerates hard pruning to keep shape
How do I order from King & Co?
Your order may be placed via our Online Shop, which is fast simple and secure.
After your Online Shop order has been placed we will send an order confirmation email to the email address provided. This will provide you with details of your order, including the order number, which you should check and retain for your records. If there is an error in your order requirement, please contact us as soon as possible quoting your order number, so that we can rectify prior to dispatch.
We will take your credit or debit card payment over the phone. Simply call us on 01376 340469 and one of our experienced team are always available to discuss your order 7 days a week.
From our Nursery
Collect your trees or shrubs from our Nursery in Rayne.
We accept all major credit cards including: Maestro, MasterCard, Visa Credit, Visa Electron and Visa Debit.
How can I expect delivery from King & Co?
Overnight to your door
We can delivery to you anywhere in England and Wales via an overnight courier service (two days for Scotland & Ireland).
Via Online Shop
Orders placed via our Online shop if placed by 12 noon Monday –Thursday can be delivered to you the very next day. If placed on a Friday - Sunday delivery would be on Tuesday.
We deliver by national overnight courier service.
Should you require a specific delivery date, let us know in advance and we will arrange for your delivery to arrive on your required date.
Every tree and plant is packed to ensure your order arrives safely.
For large trees or quantities of trees and plants
Please phone us to discuss, we are usually able to deliver to you via a dedicated vehicle.
For local deliveries
We will deliver to you in our local area and we will be pleased to arrange this with you whilst you are visiting our Nursery or via the phone. We also provide a planting service.
We have our own installation teams to carry out planting in Southern & Eastern England. Please call us to discuss, we are always happy to provide you a quotation.