Prunus laurocerasus - Cherry Laurel tree 10/12cm Girth
Prunus laurocerasus (Cherry Laurel tree ) is a large glossy leaved evergreen tree which is very fast growing. Cherry Laurel will make a very dense form of screening becoming thicker the more it is clipped. This very tough plant has masses of small white fragrant flowers produced in upright racemes in spring followed by small fruits in autumn.
Cherry Laurel trees can take very hard pruning if required to control the growth and thicken the plant. Great in all soils except chalk and very tough and hardy once established. Prunus laurocerasus Standards are a superb screening tree that will grow around 18” every year.
You can create a raised evergreen barrier or hedge by planting these trees along a fence line about 1-1.5m apart to create privacy and screening. The height and width of the head will increase as it grows, stem height will remain the same. This is ideal for creating instant hedging with maximum privacy, without encroaching on the rest of your garden. If only one tree is required, it can be strategically placed to screen unsightly views from your property. Trees can be kept clipped in a more formal shape or left just to grow into their natural form.
Laurel trees can also be supplied as bushy plants.
If the tree size you require is not listed please call for current availability and delivery options as we are always updating the stock we have for sale at our tree nursery in Essex.
- 10/12cm girth
Availability: In Stock
Prunus Laurocerasus - Cherry Laurel tree
- Size:10/12cm girth.
- Botanical name/s: Prunus laurocerasus
- Common name/s: - Cherry Laurel tree
- Flower / Foliage: Creamy white flowers in racemes. Dark green glossy leaves.
- Plant type: Evergreen.
- Flowering period: Spring
- Mature height: 5-7metres
- Mature spread: Up to 3 metres
- Growth rate: Fast growing
- Recommended usage: Prunus laurocerasus standard trees are designed specifically to be planted in front of fence to create screening with the head of the tree siting above the fence line. When planted in line, they create a stilted hedge giving maximum privacy, but without encroaching on the rest of your garden. The height and width of the head will increase as it grows; stem height will remain the same.
- Nursery grown: Yes
After Care / Plant Maintenance
- Once planted Cherry Laurel will need watering throughout the first growing season, but make sure not to over / under water.
- Check tree tie / stake isn't rubbing and / or too tight or too loose on the trunk.
- Check for and remove any dead, decaying, diseased or crossing branch.
- Remove any weeds from around the base of the Laurel tree (including grass).
- Position/Aspect: Prunus laurocerasus can be grown in all aspects
- Soil: Any: sand, clay, loam etc.
- Hardiness: Hardy in all areas of UK
- Plant maintenance: annual clipping.
Laurel Trees Information and Advice
How do I order from King & Co?
Your order may be placed via our Online Shop, which is fast simple and secure.
After your Online Shop order has been placed we will send an order confirmation email to the email address provided. This will provide you with details of your order, including the order number, which you should check and retain for your records. If there is an error in your order requirement, please contact us as soon as possible quoting your order number, so that we can rectify prior to dispatch.
We will take your credit or debit card payment over the phone. Simply call us on 01376 340469 and one of our experienced team are always available to discuss your order 7 days a week.
From our Nursery
Collect your trees or shrubs from our Nursery in Rayne.
We accept all major credit cards including: Maestro, MasterCard, Visa Credit, Visa Electron and Visa Debit.
How can I expect delivery from King & Co?
Overnight to your door
We can delivery to you anywhere in England and Wales via an overnight courier service (two days for Scotland & Ireland).
Via Online Shop
Orders placed via our Online shop if placed by 12 noon Monday –Thursday can be delivered to you the very next day. If placed on a Friday - Sunday delivery would be on Tuesday.
We deliver by national overnight courier service.
Should you require a specific delivery date, let us know in advance and we will arrange for your delivery to arrive on your required date.
Every tree and plant is packed to ensure your order arrives safely.
For large trees or quantities of trees and plants
Please phone us to discuss, we are usually able to deliver to you via a dedicated vehicle.
For local deliveries
We will deliver to you in our local area and we will be pleased to arrange this with you whilst you are visiting our Nursery or via the phone. We also provide a planting service.
We have our own installation teams to carry out planting in Southern & Eastern England. Please call us to discuss, we are always happy to provide you a quotation.