Ilex Nellie R Stevens - Holly tree 8/10cm Girth
Ilex Nellie R Stevens is a tough evergreen tree with dark green glossy leaves with wavy margins , this variety of Holly is self-pollinating so every plant will bear abundant bright red berries in autumn. Nellie R Stevens has far fewer spines on the leaves than our common Holly and almost no spines above 3m high.
A good choice of tree for smaller gardens as it is a moderate grower and can easily be clipped and shaped. Holly standards work as a fabulous screening tree, grown on an approximately 1.8-2m clear stem with a bushy head on top to screen above a fence or wall.
The height and width of the head will increase as it grows; stem height will remain the same.
When planted close together in a line they create a stilted hedge giving maximum privacy, without encroaching on the rest of your garden allowing for under planting. One tree can also be strategically placed to screen unsightly views from your property.
Holly is a shallow rooted tree which allows it to be planted closer to buildings. Ilex Nellie R Stevens is a slow growing tree that will need little maintenance, and is also tolerant of shade.
Please select the size and quantity of your Holly tree below.
If the tree size you require is not listed please call for current availability and delivery options as we are always updating the stock we have for sale at our tree nursery in Essex.
- 8/10cm girth
Ilex Nellie R Stevens - Holly tree
- Size: 8/10cm girth.
Girth in CM equates roughly to height in feet. For example: 10/12cm girth = 10/12ft in height.
- Botanical name/s: Ilex Nellie R Stevens
- Common name/s: Holly tree
- Flower / Foliage: Small white flowers in spring follwed by bright red berries in autumn. Glossy green leaves.
- Plant type: Evergreen tree.
- Flowering period: Spring
- Mature height: 6-8 metres
- Mature spread: 3-4 metres
- Growth rate: medium
- Recommended usage: Ilex Nellie R Stevens standard trees are great for use as screening in any size garden but also make a beautiful specimen tree whem mature.
- Nursery grown: Yes
After Care / Plant Maintenance
- Once planted Holly will need watering throughout the first growing season, but make sure not to over / under water.
- Check tree tie / stake isn't rubbing and / or too tight or too loose on the trunk.
- Check for and remove any dead, decaying, diseased or crossing branch.
- Remove any weeds from around the base of the Holly tree (including grass).
- Position/Aspect: Ilex Nellie R Stevens can be grown in all aspects
- Soil: Any moist well drained soils
- Hardiness: Hardy in all areas of UK
- Plant maintenance: very low.
How do I order from King & Co?
Your order may be placed via our Online Shop, which is fast simple and secure.
After your Online Shop order has been placed we will send an order confirmation email to the email address provided. This will provide you with details of your order, including the order number, which you should check and retain for your records. If there is an error in your order requirement, please contact us as soon as possible quoting your order number, so that we can rectify prior to dispatch.
We will take your credit or debit card payment over the phone. Simply call us on 01376 340469 and one of our experienced team are always available to discuss your order 7 days a week.
From our Nursery
Collect your trees or shrubs from our Nursery in Rayne.
We accept all major credit cards including: Maestro, MasterCard, Visa Credit, Visa Electron and Visa Debit.
How can I expect delivery from King & Co?
Overnight to your door
We can delivery to you anywhere in England and Wales via an overnight courier service (two days for Scotland & Ireland).
Via Online Shop
Orders placed via our Online shop if placed by 12 noon Monday –Thursday can be delivered to you the very next day. If placed on a Friday - Sunday delivery would be on Tuesday.
We deliver by national overnight courier service.
Should you require a specific delivery date, let us know in advance and we will arrange for your delivery to arrive on your required date.
Every tree and plant is packed to ensure your order arrives safely.
For large trees or quantities of trees and plants
Please phone us to discuss, we are usually able to deliver to you via a dedicated vehicle.
For local deliveries
We will deliver to you in our local area and we will be pleased to arrange this with you whilst you are visiting our Nursery or via the phone. We also provide a planting service.
We have our own installation teams to carry out planting in Southern & Eastern England. Please call us to discuss, we are always happy to provide you a quotation.