Rosa arvensis – Field Rose Bare Root Plants 40-60cms
Rosa arvensis is very similar to the common dog rose, but with a white flower instead of light pink. A fast growing, native rose with long arching branches covered in sharp spines. It is an excellent defensive plant and is often found growing through hedgerows for this reason. With bright white flowers in spring and large, rosy red fruits called hips in autumn this is a great visual impact plant as well as a great plant for wildlife.
Field Rose are great plants for growing up through trees and hedges to 'knit' them together or if grown alone will form a large thorny mound.
These Field Rose plants are bare root, available to plant when dormant in winter, we supply from November – April.
Please select the size and quantity of your Field Rose plants below.
If the tree size you require is not listed please call for current availability and delivery options as we are always updating the stock we have for sale at our tree nursery in Essex.
- Available in Packs
Availability: Out Of Stock
|Qty||Bare Root Pack Size||Price|
|40/60cms (25 plants)||£22.50|
|40/60cms (50 plants)||£45.00|
|40/60cms (100 plants)||£84.00|
|40/60cms (250 plants)||£195.00|
|40/60cms (500 plants)||£380.00|
|40/60cms (750 plants)||£555.00|
|40/60cms (1000 plants)||£720.00|
Rosa arvensis – Field Rose Bare Root plant
- Size: 40/60cm.
- Botanical name/s: Rosa arvensis
- Common name/s: Field Rose
- Flower / Foliage: Large open white flowers with yellow centres in spring form into bright red hips in autumn. Oval to round, green leaves appear along spiny branches
- Plant type: Deciduous
- Flowering period: Spring
- Mature height: 4m
- Mature spread: Up to 2.5m
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Recommended usage: Field Rose is a great plant to grow through an informal hedge to add interest in spring and autumn/winter and to help hold the hedge together to create a barrier.
After Care / Plant Maintenance
- Field Rose bare root plants must be heeled-in firmly around the base when planted. Bare root plants will benefit from watering in the early stages of establishment.
- Check tree tie / stake isn't rubbing and / or too tight or too loose on the trunk.
- Check for and remove any dead, decaying, diseased or crossing branch.
- Remove any weeds from around the base of the Rosa arvensis (including grass).
- Position/Aspect: All aspects.
- Soil: Any soil type in full sun to partial shade.
- Hardiness: Hardy in most places throughout the UK.
- Plant maintenance: Minimal pruning to keep shape
How do I order from King & Co?
Your order may be placed via our Online Shop, which is fast simple and secure.
After your Online Shop order has been placed we will send an order confirmation email to the email address provided. This will provide you with details of your order, including the order number, which you should check and retain for your records. If there is an error in your order requirement, please contact us as soon as possible quoting your order number, so that we can rectify prior to dispatch.
We will take your credit or debit card payment over the phone. Simply call us on 01376 340469 and one of our experienced team are always available to discuss your order 7 days a week.
From our Nursery
Collect your trees or shrubs from our Nursery in Rayne.
We accept all major credit cards including: Maestro, MasterCard, Visa Credit, Visa Electron and Visa Debit.
How can I expect delivery from King & Co?
Overnight to your door
We can delivery to you anywhere in England and Wales via an overnight courier service (two days for Scotland & Ireland).
Via Online Shop
Orders placed via our Online shop if placed by 12 noon Monday –Thursday can be delivered to you the very next day. If placed on a Friday - Sunday delivery would be on Tuesday.
We deliver by national overnight courier service.
Should you require a specific delivery date, let us know in advance and we will arrange for your delivery to arrive on your required date.
Every tree and plant is packed to ensure your order arrives safely.
For large trees or quantities of trees and plants
Please phone us to discuss, we are usually able to deliver to you via a dedicated vehicle.
For local deliveries
We will deliver to you in our local area and we will be pleased to arrange this with you whilst you are visiting our Nursery or via the phone. We also provide a planting service.
We have our own installation teams to carry out planting in Southern & Eastern England. Please call us to discuss, we are always happy to provide you a quotation.