Pyrus communis – Common Pear Bare Root Plants
Pyrus Communis is a medium size tree with a pyramidal to columnar crown that produces masses of white flowers in spring followed edible fruits in autumn. Common Pear has a dark green, glossy, ovate, finely toothed leaf which fall quite late in autumn.
This tree is suited to gardens woodlands and is often found in hedgerows around Britain. Grows well in all moist well drained soils.
These plants are bare root, available to plant when dormant in winter, we supply from November – April.
Please select the size and quantity of your Pyrus tree below.
If the tree size you require is not listed please call for current availability and delivery options as we are always updating the stock we have for sale at our tree nursery in Essex.
- Available in Packs
Availability: In Stock
|Qty||Bare Root Pack Size||Price|
|40/60cms (25 plants)||£60.00|
|40/60cms (50 plants)||£108.00|
Pyrus communis – Common Pear Bare Root plant
- Size: 40/60cm
- Botanical name/s: Pyrus communis
- Common name/s: Common Pear
- Flower / Foliage: Masses of white flowers spread over the branches in racemes in spring are followed by edible fruits in autumn. The glossy green leaves turn to yellow/bronze in late autumn before falling
- Plant type: Decidous
- Flowering period: N/A
- Mature height: 10-15 metres
- Mature spread: Up to 4.5 metres
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Recommended usage: Pyrus communis are ideal for parklands, estate land and great in any size gardens. A good choice where a native flowering tree is required
- Nursery grown: Yes
After Care / Plant Maintenance
- The Common Pear bare root plants must be heeled-in firmly around the base when planted. Bare root plants will benefit from watering in the early stages of establishment.
- Check tree tie / stake isn't rubbing and / or too tight or too loose on the trunk.
- Check for and remove any dead, decaying, diseased or crossing branch.
- Remove any weeds from around the base of the Pear tree (including grass).
- Position/Aspect: Full sun to partial shade
- Soil: Moist well drained, it will tolerate most soil types likes full sun to partial shade
- Hardiness: Fully hardy
- Plant maintenance: Remove any dense shoots from the base of the tree in early spring, tolerates hard pruning to keep shape
How do I order from King & Co?
Your order may be placed via our Online Shop, which is fast simple and secure.
After your Online Shop order has been placed we will send an order confirmation email to the email address provided. This will provide you with details of your order, including the order number, which you should check and retain for your records. If there is an error in your order requirement, please contact us as soon as possible quoting your order number, so that we can rectify prior to dispatch.
We will take your credit or debit card payment over the phone. Simply call us on 01376 340469 and one of our experienced team are always available to discuss your order 7 days a week.
From our Nursery
Collect your trees or shrubs from our Nursery in Rayne.
We accept all major credit cards including: Maestro, MasterCard, Visa Credit, Visa Electron and Visa Debit.
How can I expect delivery from King & Co?
Overnight to your door
We can delivery to you anywhere in England and Wales via an overnight courier service (two days for Scotland & Ireland).
Via Online Shop
Orders placed via our Online shop if placed by 12 noon Monday –Thursday can be delivered to you the very next day. If placed on a Friday - Sunday delivery would be on Tuesday.
We deliver by national overnight courier service.
Should you require a specific delivery date, let us know in advance and we will arrange for your delivery to arrive on your required date.
Every tree and plant is packed to ensure your order arrives safely.
For large trees or quantities of trees and plants
Please phone us to discuss, we are usually able to deliver to you via a dedicated vehicle.
For local deliveries
We will deliver to you in our local area and we will be pleased to arrange this with you whilst you are visiting our Nursery or via the phone. We also provide a planting service.
We have our own installation teams to carry out planting in Southern & Eastern England. Please call us to discuss, we are always happy to provide you a quotation.